5
Feb

Life after IE

Written on February 5, 2014 by MEA Team in News

A word from Funmi Odushola:

Since the MBA, I moved to Nigeria and I am in charge of New Product Development for a large diversified conglomerate in West Africa.

Funmi Odushola

I am involved in 2 business divisions of the company – Household Goods and Building Materials. My typical work day involves: evaluating product opportunities, product redesign & testing, developing a product roadmap and liaising with my team in Asia. It involves managing and owning a full critical path of a product’s lifecycle. I supervise over 1000 product SKUs and it keeps growing.

Prior to the MBA, specializing in a one role function was an issue for me. I worked as a financial analyst at The Coca-Cola Company and at Oikocredit. I moved on to marketing and branding in a well-recognized pharmaceutical company. Most recently, I interned with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) where I focused on the launch plans of new products and opportunity analysis in African markets. The MBA degree has frosted these various experiences, allowing me to choose and successfully combine the many roles I enjoy.

With this new position, I get to enmesh Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Product development, General business management and Entrepreneurship; all in one role.

Unsurprisingly, my extra-curricular lifestyle after graduation has diminished but not lacking. At IE, I was the Goalie for the female football (soccer) club and part of the winning team of the Grassroot Soccer tournament, 2012. I have since stopped playing football mainly because there is hardly time to. However, I stay active by running at least thrice a week with a group of friends. We plan to conquer the longest bridge in Africa, the Third Mainland Bridge, in about 3 weeks. I also started playing squash after work hours. I incorporate quality time with friends into my calendar and organize a monthly get-together where we enjoy the exquisite array and global cuisines that Lagos restaurants have to offer. I also try to keep up with the weekend barbeque with family and short get-aways.

Lagos is an eccentric city to live in and this is a good time to be in Nigeria. Lagos has one of the fastest growing development sites in the world and it gives no time for the ennui feeling predicted to befall MBA graduates. There is so much capital inflow and budding ideas resulting in strong economic growth. Nevertheless, I miss Madrid. Madrid is one of those cities that once you call it home, it will always be home. Most of all, I miss the bunch of Spaniards and Guiris from over 60+ countries in the world, that I was privileged to study with. Los abrazos y besos a todos!

Until Next Time

Funmi

Lofwall…

A word from Funmi Odushola: Since the MBA, I moved to Nigeria and I am in charge of New Product Development for a large diversified conglomerate in West…

Melissa Lima Sousa May 13, 2014 - 1:19 pm

Your post is very nice

photo masking

Tucson air conditioning repair July 7, 2014 - 2:54 pm

Tucson air conditioning repair

see here for Tucson Hvac repair around

pureessay.com October 1, 2014 - 1:07 pm

Your article is really good.. i like it..THANKS>

Andrew Luce October 1, 2014 - 1:12 pm

Your article is good.. i like it.THANKS… pureessay.com

Anonymous October 1, 2014 - 1:14 pm

Nice post! Demo

Andrew Luce October 1, 2014 - 1:17 pm

Your article is good.. i like it.Thanks… Pureessay.com